OPENING IN 2020!
Indigenous Food Lab is a restaurant, education and training center that will serve as the heart of NATIFS work establishing a new Indigenous food system that reintegrates Native Foods and Indigenous focussed Education into tribal communities across North America. We envision a future of developing and supporting multiple tribally operated kitchens bringing cultural and nutritional revitalization across North America!
Phase 1: Indigenous Food Lab (2020)
- Urban location
- An Indigenous non profit restaurant
- A native foodways classroom
- Research and development to create more curriculum and educational resources
Phase 2: Creating regional Indigenous Food access
- Work with tribal communities to help develop satellite indigenous kitchens
- Make indigenous foods accessible to areas that need it most
Phase 3: North American vision
- Replicate Indigenous Food Lab Centers which creates regional counterpoints for development of Indigenous Food Access and Education
- Develop Tribal Community Indigenous Kitchens everywhere