NATIFS Indigenous Food Lab
Position: Culinary Program Indigenous Food Lab Market Manager
Salary Range: $52,000-$70,000
Position Summary: The Culinary Program Market Manager helps to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Indigenous Food Lab Market of NATIFS. The Market Manager is responsible for day-to-day market operations, including scheduling, training, and supervising employees. The Market Manager is responsible for the financial aspects of the market, and all controllable expenses including labor, inventory levels, and cash and inventory shortages. The Market Manager will also be expected to provide lead assistance on IFL projects and initiatives. Maintain a roster of Indigenous suppliers and craftspeople.
- Knowledge of retail systems and procedures
- Ability to read/write/comprehend English
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to give direction and develop internal personnel
- Extensive customer service experience
- Expertise in retail sales and usage of cash register
- Ability to set sales goal for the Market, make budget, and set workload priorities.
Engagement with NATIFS’ mission:
- Lead by example.
- Practice Indigenous values identified as NATIFS workplace cultural expectations.
- Represent NATIFS and reflect values in community.
- Willingly step up as requested.
- Generate new ideas.
- Work on strategies, activities, and funding.
- Engage with board as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in required events and meetings.
- Communicate internally in a timely manner.
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Verbal communication ability
- Frequent lifting of 40 pounds or less
*English speaking, conversational Spanish preferred, with knowledge of Indigenous language valued
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
please send the following materials to HR@natifs.org, with the subject line as follows: CMM_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.
- If you don’t have a resume or CV, please visit us in-person inside the Midtown Global Market – 920 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN – to fill out an application.
NATIFS is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at NATIFS.
NATIFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or any other characteristic as established by law.