NATIFS Indigenous Food Lab
Salary Range: $120,000-$150,000
Position Summary: The Executive Director is a key management leader of NATIFS. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration and programs of the organization. Other essential duties include financial management, fundraising, marketing, community outreach. This position is accountable for executing NATIFS’ mission and strategic goals, including the Indigenous Food Lab (IFL) professional Indigenous kitchen and training center and all other NATIFS projects.
Skills and ability in developing and managing an organization, including the following considerations:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent written communication
- Highly detailed, organized and able to work under pressure
- Project management experience
- Highly ethical behavior
- Motivational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of financial practices
- Public relations and marketing knowledge
- Exceptional fund development skills
Engagement with NATIFS’ mission:
- Lead by example.
- Practice Indigenous values identified as NATIFS workplace cultural expectations.
- Represent NATIFS and reflect values in community.
- Willingly step up as requested.
- Generate new ideas.
- Work on strategies, activities, and funding.
- Engage with board as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in events and meetings.
- Communicate internally in a timely manner.
- Periods of sitting and standing
- May ensure prolonged periods of computer use
- Written and oral communication ability
*English speaking, conversational Spanish preferred, with knowledge of Indigenous language value
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
please send the following materials to HR@natifs.org, with the subject line as follows: ED_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.
NATIFS is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at NATIFS.
NATIFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or any other characteristic as established by law.