Reports To: IFL Market Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000
Position Summary: The IFL Assistant Market Manager is a representative of NĀTIFS and will always work towards the mission of promoting Indigenous foodways education and facilitating Indigenous food access; along with providing an impactful experience in the IFL Market. The Assistant Market Manager will ensure smooth operations of the in-store and online operations simultaneously. They will also assist the Market Manager by overseeing and supporting day-to-day operations of the market.
- Ensure team is properly following all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain overall market appearance & merchandising standards by cleaning, stocking, organizing, and communicating any outstanding issues to Market Management
- Address and communicate any outstanding quality control, maintenance, procedural, inventory, operational, and/ or safety concerns to Market Management
- Oversee Online Market operations
- Maintain optimal staffing structure
- Ensure that staff schedule meets daily business demands and allows for optimal market operations
- Assist with hiring, promotion, and training of market team
- Ensure adherence to inventory control procedures
- Lead by example to maintain a welcoming and inspiring environment for market guests and team members
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Have a knowledge base of Indigenous Food Sovereignty & Culture and be able to knowledge share with market
Engagement with NATIFS’ mission:
- Lead by example.
- Practice Indigenous values identified as NATIFS workplace cultural expectations.
- Represent NATIFS and reflect values in community.
- Willingly step up as requested.
- Generate new ideas.
- Work on strategies, activities and funding.
- Engage with the board as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in events and meetings.
- Communicate internally in a timely manner.
- Employer pays 100% of health insurance premium, with additional employer contribution to Health Savings Account
- Employee contribution to 403(b) at 1% or more of salary is matched with 3% of salary employer contribution
- Four weeks of paid time off + 11 paid holidays per year
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands: Required to use a computer and a phone; Frequent use of computer for communications
- Working Conditions: Moderate noise level
- Will involve regular presence at the Minneapolis location.
*English speaking, conversational Spanish preferred, with knowledge of Indigenous language value
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
please send the following materials to HR@natifs.org, with the subject line as follows: AMM_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.
NATIFS is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at NATIFS.
NATIFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or any other characteristic as established by law.