Reports To: IFL Market Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000
Position Summary: As the IFL Assistant Retail Market Manager, you will work collaboratively with the Market Manager and Assistant Culinary Market Manager by overseeing and supporting day to day retail operations of the Indigenous Food Lab (IFL) Market. You will also help with the development and operations of our Online Market. The IFL Market is an extension of our mission to promote Indigenous foodways education and facilitate Indigenous food access. To realize this mission the IFL Market leadership team will seek to create wealth generation opportunities for Indigenous Vendors/ Producers, aim to educate the general public about Indigenous Foodways, and advocate for Indigenous Food Sovereignty.
- Ensure team is properly following all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain overall market appearance & merchandising standards by cleaning, stocking, organizing, and communicating any outstanding issues to Market Management
- Address and communicate any outstanding quality control, maintenance, procedural, inventory, operational, and/ or safety concerns to Market Management
- Oversee Online Market operations
- Maintain optimal staffing structure
- Maintain inventory
- Ensure that staff schedule meets daily business demands and allows for optimal market operations
- Assist with hiring, promotion, and training of market team
- Ensure adherence to inventory control procedures
- Lead by example to maintain a welcoming and inspiring environment for market guests and team members
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Have a knowledge base of Indigenous Food Sovereignty & Culture and be able to knowledge share with market
Engagement with NATIFS’ mission:
- Lead by example.
- Practice Indigenous values identified as NATIFS workplace cultural expectations.
- Represent NATIFS and reflect values in community.
- Willingly step up as requested.
- Generate new ideas.
- Work on strategies, activities and funding.
- Engage with the board as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in events and meetings.
- Communicate internally in a timely manner.
- Employer pays 100% of health insurance premium, with additional employer contribution to Health Savings Account
- Employee contribution to 403(b) at 1% or more of salary is matched with 3% of salary employer contribution
- Four weeks of paid time off + 11 paid holidays per year
NATIFS will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please reach out to HR@natifs.org for additional information. Additional ADA notice of requirements:
- Periods of sitting and standing
- May endure prolonged periods of computer use
- Written and verbal communication ability
- Scan, handle and move material efficiently and safely, including lifting or moving up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., occasional nights, weekends, and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
- Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed
*English speaking, conversational Spanish preferred, with knowledge of Indigenous language value
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
please send the following materials to HR@natifs.org, with the subject line as follows: ARMM_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.
NATIFS is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at NATIFS.
NATIFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or any other characteristic as established by law.