Position: Culinary Program Indigenous Food Lab Associate II and III (DOE)
Reports To: Culinary Program Manager
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Hourly Range: $18-$19/ Hour based on experience for a 30-day probationary period, $21-$22/hr after
Position Summary: The Culinary Program Associate helps to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Indigenous Food Lab Professional Indigenous Kitchen and Training Center. Level II and III associates have mastered all essential kitchen duties, work in a team environment, and collaborate to provide general cooking and food preparation assistance under the supervision of the Culinary Program Manager and the Culinary Program Director.
- Prepare food to be cooked by washing, peeling, cutting, etc
- Operate kitchen equipment according to procedure
- Follow and ensure compliance with all safety procedures
- Follow standardized recipes
- Follow food safety procedures
- Execute approved R&D projects according to procedure
- Rotate product (FIFO)
- Possess excellent knife skills
- Possess working knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Work efficiently and amicably with other staff and departments
- Full reading/writing comprehension in English
- Support the Fast-Casual IFL Market Concept through recipe development and daily food prep
- Support the IFL Market Associates in daily food service operations, as needed
- Attend daily and/or weekly meetings with the Culinary Program Coordinator to maintain, plan and focus on the IFL Market weekly menu planning and resources
- Support other program staff as needed (Education, Culinary, or Special Projects)
$18-22 per hour, DOE. We offer a benefits package for full-time employees that includes paid time off, health insurance, Health Savings Account, and 403(b) retirement package. All employees have access to our wellness program and professional development plan.
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com, with the subject line as follows: CT_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.
- If you don’t have a resume or CV, please visit us in-person inside the Midtown Global Market – 920 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN – to fill out an application.
NATIFS is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at NATIFS.
NATIFS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status, or any other characteristic as established by law.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA): NATIFS will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please reach out to HR@natifs.org for additional information. Additional ADA notice of requirements:
- Periods of sitting and standing
- May endure prolonged periods of computer use
- Written and verbal communication ability
- Scan, handle and move material efficiently and safely, including lifting or moving up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., occasional nights, weekends, and holidays) and regular attendance necessary